Sometimes we get spiritual amnesia, don’t we. I know I do. In the midst of adversity, it’s “easier” for me to focus on the circumstance more than the one who is all-powerful over the circumstance. Looking back, I remember all the circumstances:
- taking 7 years to land a job that my Masters was for
- many instances of discrimination due to my disability
- years of lonely moments desiring a wife
- a decade of not writing a book due to fear of my calling
- reacting to human perceptions
But, don’t you know that I know that in the midst of each of these adversities, I could remember how God miraculously delivered me, healed me, saved me or freed me from the previous adversity?… And this is what God was trying to lovingly tell His people wandering in adversity:
- Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. – Deuteronomy 8:2
- But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. – Deuteronomy 8:18
- Remember how each of you were slaves in Egypt and how the LORD your God saved you. That’s why I am commanding you to do this right now. – Deuteronomy 15:15
- For the LORD your God will be with you, fighting on your behalf against your enemies in order to grant you victory. – Deuteronomy 20:4
Hey, it’ll work out. Jesus loves you and He made you for a purpose. That purpose is bigger than you. It’s to glorify the One who made you. Remember what God has done! This is what I remember:
- I am now in my 8th year as a missionary with the Navigators.
- God has delivered me victoriously through all the discrimination I have faced.
- I am married to a Godly, sweet, beautiful woman who I serve Jesus with for a lifetime.
- I am in the midst of writing my book with the goal of finishing the manuscript before 2015.
- Now I live confidently in how God perceives me.
Hey, it’ll work out. Remember what God has done. He is the same God who is with you now, and He is the same God going before you.
Hey, it’ll work out. It will. Jesus loves you and He made you for a purpose. That purpose is bigger than you. It’s to glorify the One who made you. Remember what God has done!
Click here to:
1. E-mail me about getting involved in the Nav20s as a 20 or as a professional mentor to a 20.
2. Become a prayer partner in our mission work among 20s.
Originally posted 2015-08-24 08:00:25.