Marissa and I recently experienced the blessing of leading a
sweet Godly couple in their premarital counseling. I officiated their wedding and it was impacting because they are the counter-cultural but Kingdom example of institutionalizing urgency in life by not waiting an extended amount of time to be married. God’s word directly states: “For you know quite well that the day of the Lord’s return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night (1 Thessalonians 5:2 NLT).” It’s time for you and I to live daily with the return of Jesus on the forefront of our minds!
Here are four urgencies in my 20 years in ministry that I see followers of Jesus need to execute in life:
1. Give your dead friend life. How many friends do you have who do not have Jesus? The Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:1 calls them “dead”. Converse about the Good News of Jesus with them and ask them to trust Jesus! You know the One who can give your friends life! Jesus proclaims: “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24 NIV).”
2. Ask her out today or marry her. Marriage is the most tangible way to experience the Good News of Jesus. The apostle Paul declares this: “For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her. He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault (Ephesians 5:25, 27).” If you know the Godly lady you want to pursue, ask her out, get to know her heart and marry her. Learn from Ashtin (read picture caption). I’m available to officiate your wedding!
3. Start having children. This is a major way God’s Good News is passed on. I’m speaking to you married couples who have been married for awhile and are still waiting for the perfect American scenario. You don’t need that perfect salary, perfect car, perfect house and all your selfish good times before your start your family. That’s what the world thinks. This is extremely selfish and not Christ-centered. It’s not Kingdom living! This is: “Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up (Deuteronomy 6:4-7 NLT).” Start passing down your faith and build your family in 2017! If you cannot physically have children, become foster parents and become a blessing to one or more of the thousands of children in the foster care system.
4. Give today. One of the callings each follower of Christ has is to give. We don’t give to get but we give to bless. But, when you give to bless, you receive blessings. “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work (2 Corinthians 9:7-8).”
One way you could start executing urgency in your life TODAY is by giving to this ministry, if you feel called to do so, in one or both of these ways:
* Click here and be one of the 40 new monthly partners we are praying for. Then click: “Make this a monthly gift” under our picture.
* Click here and give your best generous year-end tax deductible gift cheerfully to help reach our year end goal. Be sure and give under our picture after you click and not the banner. Thank you!
(Both goal meters are on your left or scroll down to the very bottom if your reading from a phone)
Thank you! You’re partnership with us in this growing mission work will be a blessing to many!!!
Originally posted 2016-12-18 06:00:25.