Usually, a strategy of a business, a nonprofit or a specific movement is one that will fulfill only the vision of that entity that will take them to their vision. Jesus, though, rather has a guide for your life that will reproduce yourself as a disciple of Christ into someone that you know. This guide summed up in three words is how Mobilize Ministries™ is expanding throughout the nation through individuals’ personal ministries! But the beauty of this guide is that any young professional and YOU can run with this strategy in your everyday life and bear much fruit and results! Here is the three part guide that the greatest leader in history, Jesus, activated and shared to multiply Himself! You can do this as well:
Jesus spent most vocational ministry intentionally with the twelve disciples: “Now it came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him (Luke 8:1).” Today, we call “being with” someone “meeting with them”. Like Jesus, YOU can meet with a peer “right where YOU live, work and play” and get to know their story, study the Bible with them, pray with them and invite them into your intentional discipleship community. Be intentional at starting a spiritual journey with a friend.
Meeting with the disciples was not the end point in how Jesus loved the twelve. He loved them so much that after Jesus called the disciples together, He sent them out to do with others what He did with them! Jesus mobilized them: “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick (Luke 9:1).” Jesus did not cripple the disciples by creating a consuming relationship that they just learned from Him. Unfortunately, much of the Christian culture does this. Contrarily, Jesus blessed the disciples with purpose and mobilized them to intentionally invest in others. YOU can also bless the ones you intentionally invest in by mobilizing them to invest in their friends. See how the apostle Paul did this with his friend, Timothy: “You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others (2 Timothy 2:2).” In fact, did you see in this verse what the result of meeting and mobilizing is?
Believe it or not, this is the EASY step! YOU actually do NOTHING in this step. “After these things the Lord appointed seventy-two others also, and sent them two by two into every city and place where He Himself was about to go (Luke 10:1).” Have you done the math yet? The twelve from Luke 9:1 multiplied by six! Multiplying is the mere result of meeting and mobilizing! Jesus shares a parable to explain this multiplication: “Jesus said, ‘What is the Kingdom of God like? How can I illustrate it? It is like a tiny mustard seed that a man planted in a garden; it grows and becomes a tree, and the birds make nests in its branches.’” The Kingdom of God, by default, is made to grow.
Are you living the religious consuming event-driven spiritual life? Or are you experiencing the blessing of making reproducing disciples by investing in friends and encouraging them to do the same. Jesus intentionally met, mobilized and His disciples multiplied exponentially. Now, you and I are saved! Who are you going to start intentionally meeting, mobilizing in order to multiply yourself, a follower of Jesus? What is your first step? Comment below.
Many ask me how this mission work among young professionals has grown all over the metroplex. Twenties and thirties are equipped and mobilized to intentionally meet with their friends, mobilizing their friends to do the same, then the organic result is the multiplication of disciple-makers. They do this through the Intentional Discipleship Communities
we’ve launched all over the metroplex.
But this is only made possible through people like YOU who support this ministry financially. All giving is tax deductible. Consider being a monthly or year-end donor hoping us meet our important goal. Please click here,
Meet, mobilize and multiply with us.
Originally posted 2017-02-19 12:00:59.
When we were driving to our hotel in Hollywood, one of the first things we saw was a giant white
The Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre International, in Hollywood
building that looked like something from Harry Potter. When we got around to the front of it there was a giant sign on top that said Church of Scientology. I think most people know that Tom Cruise is a follower of Scientology, and quite a few people might have even heard of actress Leah Remini’s documentary series, Scientology and the Aftermath, but I for one didn’t realize how big of a presence Scientology actually has around Hollywood.
We saw three buildings belonging to the Church of Scientology within about a 3 mile radius of
Karen Covell, Founder of Hollywood Prayer Network
Hollywood. One of the women we met with in Hollywood told us that they’re there welcoming new actors, offering free acting classes and sometimes even a free place to stay. The director of Hollywood Prayer Network told us that when they posted an article about Leah Remini and Scientology, they started receiving emails and phone calls from leaders of the religion the same day wanting to know who they were and what they were doing. I realized I needed to learn more about the Church of Scientology, so I figured I’d share some of what I read in the book Larson’s New Book of Cults by Bob Larson.
10 Facts About Scientology
- Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, the founder of the Church of Scientology, was originally a science fiction writer.
- The recruitment program of Scientology starts with them offering a “free personality analysis” to people who are walking around the city.
- If you decide to join the religion, you attend their counseling sessions (costing around $300 a piece) to help you “reach your mind’s full potential.” These counseling sessions are also recorded and can be used as blackmail if you decide to leave the religion.
- The idea behind Scientology is that humans are descended from gods called thetans, and that through the Church of Scientology’s counseling sessions and programs, you can remove all of your mental blocks that came from traumatic experiences in your past lives and awaken your dormant thetan potential. Then you are a “cleared” individual and have power over matter and spirit.
- Scientology boasts many claims of physical well-being and positive mental development once you are “cleared.”
- The Church of Scientology has claimed they have over 10 million followers, but most people believe there are really only around 30,000 followers of Scientology in the world. They do have churches all over the world, however, including Dallas, California, Oralando, Bogota, Amsterdam, Tokyo and England.
- One draw of Scientology is its simple, structured view of life.
- One of Hubbard’s survivors was his eldest son, who changed his last name to remove associations with his father’s religion. He was a Christian.
- The symbol for Scientology is a cross, but they claim that the bar denotes matter and the vertical line symbolizes spirit.
- Scientologists claim that Jesus was simply a “cleared” individual.
Now that you know a little more about Scientology, please be praying against it, and that those involved will experience the truth of Jesus. Pray for Tom Cruise and David Miscavige, his friend and Scientology leader. Pray that God will reveal Himself to them in new ways and that He will give them the courage they need to leave the religion. We are currently expanding Mobilize Ministries™ to be in Los Angeles. Will you pray for this expansion and for open doors to mobilize personal ministries to share the Good News of Jesus with those influenced and trapped by Scientology?
(All monthly and one-time donations are tax deductible)